The GEOFLEX® range
A fitting that can withstand unforeseen geotechnical events
GEOFLEX® is a sliding, flexible and extendible fitting made of ductile cast iron, which is available in diameters of between 100 and 1800 mm. It has been developed for the protection of pipelines against events of a seismic or geotechnical origin, such as :
- ground movement ;
- landslides ;
- subsidence ;
- earthquakes ;
- tsunamis, tidal waves, etc.
These natural phenomena can affect key infrastructures, such as : power plants, nuclear reactors, dams, reservoirs and water towers, motorways, tunnels, high speed railways, penstocks, etc.
Their pipelines require a protection that is made possible by the GEOFLEX® fitting.
The GEOFLEX® fitting is the result of an innovative and unique design that consists of a sliding collar and two articulated flanged ball joints, assembled without bolts. The range offers excellent mechanical strength and a high resistance to displacement. It complies with the ISO 16134 standard for “Earthquake and subsidence-resistant design of ductile iron pipelines”.
The range GEOFLEX® offers very high performance against geotechnical constraints, such as:
- Deflection and angular deflection: each of the ball joints offers a wide angular deflection of between 38° and 40°. By offering different collar lengths, GEOFLEX® resists ground subsidence up to 600 mm. Wider ranges can be obtained by putting two fittings together one after the other.
- Expansion/contraction capacity: the sliding of the collar, in contraction or expansion, between each flanged ball joint means substantial displacement can be obtained.
- Freedom of rotation: in addition to its capacity to absorb axial displacement and deflection, GEOFLEX® can also rotate at the ball joints, which helps prevent any damage to the flanges.
- Simple installation: GEOFLEX® connects to ductile iron or steel pipelines through the use of socketed flanged fittings or flanged spigots.
GEOFLEX® has been the subject of a whole battery of tests to verify its perfect behaviour in the face of very severe geotechnical constraints.
PFA: up to 16 bars
Subsidence capacity: 100 to 600 mm
e-Catalog - GEOFLEX