Public contracting authority: Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority
Engineering consultancy: SAFEGE
Length: 36 kilometers
Application: Water Supply System
DN: DN 200 to 1000
For the Greater Phnom Penh Water Supply System Extension, Saint-Gobain PAM has supplied a various range of ductile iron products, including pipes, valves and fittings:
- Pipes: 36 kilometers of STANDARD Hydroclass ductile iron pipes DN 200 to DN 1000. Cement mortar internal lining and external coating made of metallic zinc (200g/m²) and bituminous paint
- Fittings: 2300 units of 250 µm epoxy coated fittings from DN 200 to DN 1200
- Municipal castings: 30 Rexess manhole covers with special Phnom Penh Water Service Administration marking
Key aspects of the project
- Project funded by the AFD (Agence Française du Développement)
- Saint-Gobain PAM has been a major supplier of ductile iron pipes, fittings and valves, for the Cambodian capital, over the last 3 years
- Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority had a very good knowledge of the technical constraints and designed the project accordingly, with high technical specifications and sanitary certifications, which were guaranteed by Saint-Gobain PAM.
Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority has been awarded the Stockholm Water Prize in 2010, for their strong commitment to environmental responsibility, quality of their network, potable water and resource management with 99% of Phnom Penh city center covered.