Single and double air valves
Protecting pipelines from adverse effects caused by air accumulation
Single and double air valves protect pipelines from the adverse effects caused by the accumulation of air in high points or at odd points in the networks.
- Total or partial interruption of the flow by the presence of an air pocket in a high point of the network;
- Water hammer due to the depressurisation of the pocket of air or its displacement within the pipes; and
- Loss of prime in pumps and traps.
Single air valves
- Low flow single air valve: PFA 10, 16 and 25 bar
- Single air valve: multiple drilling flange DN 405060, PFA 10,16 and 25 bar
- High pressure single air valve: DN 100, PFA 40 bar
Double air valves
Double air valves have three functions:
- Evacuation of air at a high flow rate when pipes are being filled;
- Intake of air at a high flow rate when pipelines are being drained (protection of the network against a pressure drop in the pipelines in the case of a main being broken); and
- Degassing at a low flow rate when in operation.
- VENTEX: with sectioning check valve, flange and integrated isolating valve. Available in DN 60, 80, 100, 150 and 200 with PFA of 10, 16 and 25 bar.
- Triple function air valve: without sectioning check valve or isolating valve and with flange. Available in DN 60, 80, 100, 150 and 200 with PFA of 10, 16 and 25 bar.
Equipment for pipeline protection
Pipeline protection is a very precise, technical field, requiring various calculations and adjustments. The multidisciplinary PAM team works in close partnership with its customers to identify the right solutions for the requirements at hand.
Conforming to standard EN 1074, the range of PAM valves, hydrants, couplings and flange adaptors ensure that water networks are properly regulated in a safe way.
- Single and double air valves
- Control valves
- Needle valves
- Filters, check valves and strainers
- Reservoir equipment
- Air Valves: protecting pipelines from adverse effects caused by air accumulation
- Neddle Vavles: modulating water flow rate and pressure