ZMU by PAM external coating
A reinforced solution for extreme conditions
- A lower layer is a BioZinalium protection in compliance with EN545 applied by spraying on the ductile iron pipe.
- An adhesion primer between the BioZinalium layer and the cement to ensure cement adhesion until installation.
- A cement mortar with reinforcing fibers for mechanical strength.
Ductile iron pipes with ZMU by PAM coating are suitable:
- In rocky soils with a backfill particles size up to 100mm
- In the mountains for reuse of native rock soils
- In trenchless technology
Resistance to impact and blunt objects
Impact resistance tests are carried out by dropping a mass on the coating according to EN15542.
More economical installation
The ZMU by PAM coating allows the use of large aggregates. This means that existing soils can be reused without adding quarry backfill and without the associated transfer costs.
More ecological installation
By accepting large grain sizes, ZMU by PAM coating promotes the reuse of existing soil, even for backfilling. This reduces the environmental impact by preserving the existing soil and eliminating quarry material.