With Wall Indicator
With Post Indicator
Euro 20 FM range
With Wall Indicator
With Post Indicator
For many years, SAINT-GOBAIN PAM has been the market leader in the field of valves and hydrants for fire protection.
To strengthen this position, SAINT-GOBAIN PAM is now offering a complete range of products approved by the Factory Mutual System.
What is the Factory Mutual System?
Founded in the United States in 1835, Factory Mutual is today the world leader in industrial risk insurance. Factory Mutual insures more than 50% of industrial premises in the United States and about 1500 billion US Dollar worth of industrial property throughout the world.
Established in Europe since 1963 under the name of Factory Mutual International, this company already insures numerous French businesses.
This success can be explained in particular by a concept unique to the Factory Mutual System: the prevention of hazardous incidents. This prevention is achieved by:
- Rigorous appraisal of the risks to be insured
- Regular inspections to assist the insured person in improving the level of protection of his premises
- An approval system for the firefighting equipment installed by those insured.
Valves and hydrants in firefighting mains, and sprinkler systems, are subject to FM approval.
This is a contractual obligation for the insured but is also an absolute guarantee of the quality of the material used.
In fact, for a valve or hydrant to be approved by FM, its design must meet a rigorous specification and must also undergo a series of operating and strength tests designed to prove its reliability. The manufacturing plant is subjected to a rigorous inspection to check its quality assurance procedures.
Finally, FM valves and hydrants are subjected to ((post-approval’’ inspections within the plant, to check for continuing compliance.
The prevention aspect and need for rapid action in cases of fire has influenced valve design.
Valves in fire mains are always left open and ‘’accidental’’ closure is impossible.
The valves are also equipped with clearly marked opening indicators and a device for locking the valve operating mechanism (wheel or handle).
FM APPROVED EURO 20 VALVES FOR BURIED FIRE MAINS (maximum working pressure 16 bar)
All the EURO 20 range DN100 to 400 is FM APPROVED in the following versions:
- EURO 21 flanged, standard body - series 15 (DN + 200)
- EURO 23 flanged, short body - series 14 (0,4 DN + 150)
EURO 20 valves FM APPROVED are supplied only clockwise closing.
EURO 20 valves FM APPROVED can be equipped with a post-indicator or a wall-indicator.
The post-indicator or the wall-indicator can be equipped with an electrical contact PCVS indicating the OPEN position of the valve.
The EURO 20 FM approved is used generally buried and equipped with a post-indicator FM approved.
The post-indicator allows the operating, the anchoring, and the remote control of the valve position.
DN of the valve
Number of turns to open
Flange diameter for pipe connection (D)
Depth of cover (H)
1250 ± 60
Indicator post viewing height(above ground level)
Mass and dimensions face to face of the flanges comply with Standards NF EN 558 and ISO 5752 series 15 (DN + 200).
Material and coating
EURO 20 valve
Bolt + nut
Electrical Micro-contact PCVS
PCVS Control Valves Supervisory Switch
Link to documentation
Post indicator mounting instructions
- 1- Close the gate valve and make sure it is perfectly tight
- 2- Then, put the post indicator in shut position. You must read in the windows the word SHUT
- 3- Remove the "Potter" from the post indicator, if already installed. If not, remove the threaded cap where the Potter will be fixed
- 4- Dismount the post indicator’s head
- 5- Fix the post indicator on the top flange of the valve
- 6- Put down the operating stem trough the post indicator up to square cap connection
- 7- Reassemble the post indicator’s head again
- 8- Make a totally opening in counting the exact number of turns
- 9- Check that OPEN appears in the windows after the opening
- 10- Put the valve in intermediate position (half-opened and half-closed)
- 11- Put the "Potter" stem indicator in horizontal position Remove the red protection cover of Potter switch to get access at the setting of stem indicator
- 12- Put the "Potter" stem indicator up to the axle support of open-shut indicators until you reach the end of brass nut and bring back the stem indicator of 1mm from the brass nut
- 13- Fix the "Potter" definitively
- 14- Make an “open-close test” to be sure that the Potter works properly