Manhole Cover REXESS 2 Class D400 Round frame Ø 785 – Safety – Non Ventilated
Unlocking and opening of cover:
- New prising slot for crow bar enabling spring bar unlocking and cover lifting / opening in 1 operation
- Avoids manual cover lifting & opening
- Significantly reduces muscular stress and lumbar compression strength
Locking and blocking of cover:
- Automatic locking by ductile iron spring bar
- Hinged cover, opens to 110°, blocks at 90° when closing
- Interchangeable cover between ventilated and non ventilated version
- Optional ¼ locking system
- Optional cover anti-theft spline, compatible with 90° blocking
In order to combining the 90° blocking feature with the use of anti-theft spline, the 90° unblocking gestures have been changed as follows:
It is reminded that the 110° degree position is the safest position of the cover for inspection and man entry. As shown by the right picture.
The 90° blocking is a specific safety feature during the normal or accidental closing of the cover, as show on the middle picture.
These 2 pictures are displayed on the underneath side of the cover, as shown on the right.
Cover customisation and badging:
- On top of 3 standard badging areas
- “Full badging “ option, allowing reproduction of large-size emblems, logos and arms Note: - Detailed study and potential adaptation of supplied emblem, logo, arms are necessary to ensure that they are compatible with: foundry process, EN 124:2 standard. In any case, a detailed drawing is supplied for approval - Mandatory normative markings have been located on cover’s exterior circumference, in order not to interfere with emblem, logo, arms - Ventilation holes, when used, cannot be displaced, and may interfere with emblem, logo, arms to be reproduced. In any case, a detailed drawing is supplied for approval
Frame: circular version only, range extensions planned.
Frame: compatible with bedding system "Install Plus"
- 4 install Plus plastics inserts screwed through 4 frame holes can be height adjusted
- They both allow sufficient space between underneath leven of the frame and chanmber top to allow flowing of liquid mortar, materialisation, on upper surface of the frame, of the mortar thickness
- Using exclusively flowable mortar (see manufacturer’s instruction sheet) is much easier, time saving and more reliable with Install Plus. Mortar layer is homogeneous and precisely controlled Note: Install Plus inserts do not contribute to apply on frame abnormal spot stresses.
Interchangeability Rexess vs Rexess 2
- Cover interchangeability: OK
- ¼ turn lock: OK
- Anti-theft spline: C104 new model of spline is fit for installation on Rexess 2
Field of application:
- Group 4 (class D 400) in accordance with EN124-2 standard: carriageways of roads (including pedestrian streets), hard shoulders and parking areas, for all types of road vehicles
- Normal traffic and periodic inspections.
Material and coating:
- Frame and cover in Ductile Iron EN GJS 400-15: water base coating
- Ring in EVA